Saturday, October 16, 2010

Using Photo Sharing Sites wk 5

I like the idea of starting a global classroom to classroom communication through pictures. It reminds me of pen pals. The students or me would/could take pictures of school events and seasons and get a feel of what is similar and different around the world.
Another way I would consider using this in the class would be to show students how being published for the world to see could have negative and positive effects. I would start a project that would have them post recreation pictures. I would do mock interviews and have the “potential boss” search their pictures. The students would see how their image to “strangers” is important and definitely does matter. Especially for middle or high school students this would show them that cool is not always cool to their outside circle and the world out there does not care if they know Bobby or Sue or Bobby or Sue are not the greatest associates. A Facebook or Myspace pose does not always show a good side of you.

1 comment: